They say Green is the new Black. It seems that there has definitely been a shift in our thinking, or at least more of an awareness, of being a little friendlier to our environment. Many people may still be a little scared or intimidated of "green living." Many of my friends think it's "just for the hippie people" or just for, "rich people who can afford the cost of sustainability." Not true! Here are 10 simple ways that we can have a positive impact on our environment without spending a lot of money.
1) Use a reusable shopping bag when going shopping.
2) Use natural cleaning products.
3) Use CFL Lightbulbs - They emit less CO2 & are more energy efficient than incandescent bulbs.
4) Use your own insulated mug instead of getting your cup 'o joe in a styrofoam cup.
6) Buy rechargeable batteries or recycle your batteries.
7) Save paper and communicate electronically if possible.
8) Install a low-flow shower head.
9) Compost your food scraps and use it for your garden.
10) Turn off & unplug your appliances when not in use.